I found that adding a country always set the Status to ACTIVE "1" even if I specified "0". The error is in or around line 53 (29 in earlier versions, look for* case 'insert':*) of admin/countries.php and is shown here:
corrected code - note the adding of the word - active - and - , '". (int)$active . "' - fixed the small posting error:
I just went back to an earlier version of osCmax (2.0.25) and the code snippets were present then, but went missing in 2.5.RC2 on.
Hope I've done this correctly...
Try creating a country and set the active to 0 during the creation process - it will always come as active (1).